Health Screening Information Notice
This letter is to inform that Pennsylvania state law requires physical examination, dental examination and yearly health screenings for students including growth, BMI (Body Mass Index), vision, hearing and scoliosis. There are different requirements based on your child’s grade level (see chart on reverse page).
- be notified in advance when your child requires a physical or dental examination.
- be informed of any abnormal results of screening tests.
- receive height, weight and BMI information annually through the parent portal.
- be notified of missing physical or dental exams.
Please call your child’s school nurse with any questions or concerns.
Jenelle VanHorn, RN, MSN, CSN Candace Benner, RN, BSN, CSN
Midd-West Middle and High School Midd-West Elementary Schools
(570) 837-0046 ext. 2400 (570) 837-0046 ext. 4400/5400
(from Pennsylvania Department of Health)