Using the district’s Sapphire Community Web Portal, all new student registrations should be started online prior to scheduling an appointment. In order to use the online portal system, you will need to create a Sapphire account. You must first have a personal email account so that an account registration password can be set and emailed to you. If needed, you can create a free email account here.
If you do not have access to a computer please call (570) 837-0046 to arrange for the use of a school computer on our campus. This office, and the registration process, is open year round.
Documentation Required for Student Registration
Please bring the following documents when you visit your new school in the Midd-West Area School District.
- Official birth certificate of student (elementary level only)
- Immunization records (you can get a copy of your child’s immunization records from the school you are leaving or from your child’s physician)
- Proof of residence in Midd-West Area School District (one of the following):
- lease (renter)
- current utility bill
- current check stub for wages, public assistance, social security or other source of income indicating the address within the district
- current credit card bill
- current property tax bill
- current identification card (state issued)
- current vehicle registration
- Pennsylvania driver’s license indicating the address within the District
Every child in grades K-12 must be immunized, unless exempt for medical reason, religious belief or philosophical/strong moral or ethical conviction.
Online Registration Process
1) Creating Your Registration Account
- a)Use this Begin Online Registration Here to create your registration account.
- b)On the bottom left of the page, select “Create New Account”.
- c)Enter basic parent account information (last name, first name, email address, etc.) and submit.
- d)You will promptly receive a confirmation email from SapphireMail@mwsd.cc
- e)If you don’t see the email in your inbox, you may want to check your Junk or Spam Email Folder.
- f)Open confirmation email and click on the link supplied.
- g)Confirm your email and password.
2) Completing Your Online Registration
- a)Registration login screen
- b)Login using the email and password you just activated or existing account.
- c)Click on the appropriate “Create” tab to start a new online registration form.
- d)Enter the requested information on each page.
- e)When all pages are completed click “Submit”.
- f)Upon approval of the registration application, you will receive an automatic email stating that your application was approved.
- g)The appropriate school will contact you to schedule an appointment at this time.
- h)Please be certain to bring all of the required documentation with you to your scheduled appointment