Midd-West School District
District Title I Parent Involvement Plan
In order to ensure that the Title I program is effective in meeting the needs of the students in our community, the Middleburg Elementary School and West Snyder Elementary School, with input from a panel of Title I parents, has developed the following plan for parental involvement in this federally-funded instructional program:
1. Convene an annual meeting for Title I parents to inform them of their participation in Title I, the parent involvement requirements, and their rights to be involved.
2. Involve parents in an organized, ongoing, and timely way, in the planning, review, and improvement of programs under Title I.
3. Provide Title I parents with information about Title I programs.
4. Provide materials and training to help parents work with children.
5. Build parental capacity for involvement by explaining the state academic standards, state and local assessments, and how to monitor their child’s progress and work with educators to improve their child’s achievement.
6. Hold meetings at a variety of times and provide information to parents who are unable to attend meetings.
7. Meet with parents to review the progress of instructional programs in the schools.
8. Conduct an annual review of the plan with Federal Programs Coordinator, Title I Staff, Parents, and others.
9. Provide reasonable support for parent involvement activities under section 1118.