MIDD-WEST SCHOOL DISTRICT
568 East Main Street, Middleburg, PA 17842-1295 570-837-0046 Website: www.mwsd.cc
Dear parents, students, staff, and community members,
Welcome to the Midd-West School District and our website. It is an honor and privilege to serve as superintendent for this District. In the Midd-West community, we take pride in our schools, the success of our students, and our excellent quality of life. Our District is committed to bringing out the best in each and every child and recognizes that strong schools are the foundation of a strong community.
We have many reasons to feel proud of our District and students. Midd-West students are continually demonstrating the wonderful character traits outlined in our District Mission and Vision statements. In addition, it is important to recognize the beliefs that shape our decisions in all aspects of operation. We are committed to the following:
- Ensuring our students are safe, secure, healthy, engaged, supported, and challenged.
- Never wavering in our duty to promote learning. Content knowledge is important, but attributes such as critical thinking, character, creativity, ethics, collaboration and respect must be emphasized and reinforced during instruction and as part of our school-wide positive behavior support programs.
- Leveraging technology to do more than just deliver instruction – using it to redesign and create new learning tasks that support 21st Century skills that are critical in a global workforce. We are committed to arming students with the ability to function and thrive in an increasingly interconnected world.
- Providing experiences in academics, fine arts, career and technical education, and athletics. Our students perform admirably in local, state, and national endeavors which is important for their futures and important for us as a community.
- Maintaining the trust of students, parents, and community members with our demonstration of ethics and integrity in the operation of our school District.
Our Board of School Directors, administration, and staff are committed to providing the best environment for learning and youth development and have set plans in motion that will help prepare our students for future endeavors. We are also grateful to receive parent support through contributions to the activities and interests of our students, attendance at school functions, and participation in school improvement.
Rick MusselmanA QUALITY EDUCATION FOR ALL, FOR LIFE