Mission, Vision and Values
We facilitate the intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development of all of our students so they competently contribute to society, achieve their highest potential, and engage in continuous learning…
A QUALITY EDUCATION FOR ALL, FOR LIFE.
The vision of the Midd-West School District can be summarized as "a thorough education, done properly, with a purpose." Our vision includes...
- a vertically and horizontally aligned curriculum that is appropriate, rigorous and relevant for each student.
- use of teaching strategies based on "what works"/ research.
- a seamless system of assessment used by teachers to design instruction.
- highly qualified teachers who focus on personal professional development to increase student achievement.
- highly qualified leaders who are future focused, proactive and consistent.
- a high level of stakeholder involvement and support.
- safe, modern and well maintained facilities with appropriate resources for students to grow academically and socially in relation to the global community.
- cutting-edge technology used to advance educational goals.
Our school community must nurture the intellectual, social, emotional, and physical well-being of students.
Because all students have the capacity to learn, we must encourage their best efforts and present them with opportunities and challenges to reach their potential and experience success.
All learners have an important contribution to make; therefore, we will provide education that is flexible to accommodate, respect and value the unique needs of each learner.
Our schools' effective learning environments require safety, discipline, respect, organization and high expectations for all.
We make resources available to provide all students with the opportunity to achieve their educational and career goals.
We are accountable to the students, families and the communities we serve.
Our greatest educational achievement is rooted in the combined commitment of students, parents, educators and the community.
The Midd-West School District will not discriminate in educational programs, activities, or employment practices based on race, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, ancestry, union membership, or any other legally protected classifications. Announcement of this policy is in accord with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Employees and program participants who have an injury or complaint of harassment or discrimination, or who need information about accommodations for people with disabilities should contact: Office of Superintendent, Midd-West School District, 568 East Main Street, Middleburg, PA 17842-1295.